The Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus and S10 have a Qualcomm Snapdragon 855, a Super AMOLED Infinity-O display, 8GB of RAM (with 12GB option), storage options of 128GB to 1TB with a microSD for even greater capacity , five cameras, degree of protection IP68, WiFi 6, Bluetooth 5,, ANT +, and a stunning design with beautiful Prism color options.
The Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus retains all the great features of Galaxy Foundation, such as high water resistance, fast wireless charging, superb Super AMOLED display, expandable microSD storage, 3.5mm headphone jack, And much more. In addition, the extension to an external monitor with Samsung DeX is simple and fast, while providing complete work experience. The extra ability to charge other devices and equipment, such as the new Galaxy Buds, via wireless technology on the back of the S10 Plus is handy for road warriors.
Until these handsets come out, the S10 Plus is the best Samsung phone, so you can handle price and size without being interested in the new Galaxy phones on the horizon.
It also has many competitors, like the Huawei P30 Pro, the Sony Xperia 1 and the OnePlus 7 Pro, all of which have similar features and identical or lower price tags, so check them out before you commit to the Samsung Galaxy S10.
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus Price
- Launch date: March 8th after the announcement of February 20th
- US$833.11: check it at Amazon
- Amazon at US$808.95
- US$789.98: visit Amazon here
- Amazon: US$775.98
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus Specifications
- Weight: 175g
- Dimensions: 157.6 x 74.1 x 7.8mm
- OS: Android 9
- Screen size: 6.4 inches
- Resolution: QHD +
- CPU: Octa-core chipset
- RAM: 8 GB / 12 GB
- Storage: 128/512 GB / 1 TB
- Battery: 4,100mAh
- Rear camera: 16MP + 12MP + 12MP
- Front camera: 10MP + 8MP
- Waterproof: IP68
- Headphone jack: yes
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus Display
- 6.4 inches QHD + display with an impressive screen/body ratio of 93.1%
- The perforation hole of the Infinity-O display type is suitable for two front cameras at the top right
- The first phone with HDR10 +, but beware of false keys for lack of glasses
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus’s 6.4-inch Super AMOLED display makes it the largest S-phone screen yet – larger than Galaxy S9 Plus’s 5.8-inch size and corresponding size to that of the screen Note 9. It’s also a lot better.
The main benefit for us is the screen/body ratio of 93.1%, which corresponds to more pixels on a narrower body. Samsung’s new Infinity-O screen eliminates the need for a notch by opting for a laser-cut hole in the upper right corner of the front camera.
- The premium version of 512 GB / 1 TB comes with a high-quality ceramic backrest
- Advantages: reverse wireless charging (new) and headphone jack (old)
- You will want a deal to avoid dropping this big slippery phone
- The Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus design is full of surprises, new and old. Its aluminum frame is thinner than the S9 Plus and is always sandwiched between the smooth glass Gorilla Glass 6. The proposed colors are: white, black and green, while the versions of 512 GB and 1 TB are lined with ceramic in white or black.
On-Screen Finger Sensor
- The fingerprint sensor on the screen is new and works mainly for us now
- The ultrasonic sensor works better than optics but requires more pressure
- Not as fast or as efficient as a traditional fingerprint sensor
The fingerprint sensor is another feature that makes an invisible trick, by performing a 3D scan of your print. It is more accurate than the Huawei Mate 20 and OnePlus 6T optical fingerprint scanners, even when our print was a bit damp. Its disadvantage is slower speed and the fact that more pressure is needed.
- Triple lens camera for normal, telephoto and ultra-wide shots
- The 12.3MP main camera takes excellent pictures competing with Pixel 3
- The ultra-wide camera is a great addition, although it is not always clear
The new ‘Live Focus’ portrait filters like Color Point are fun to use
The Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus, like the S10, includes a set of robust rear-view cameras with three lenses, including a standard 12MP lens, a 12MP optical zoom telephoto lens, and a new ultra-wide 16MP lens.
Samsung’s new stabilization technology aims to make your Ultra HD video as smooth as the sequences of an action camera. Although the life of the phone is lower than that of the phone, it rivals the stabilization of the GoPro Hero7 Black. As close to a gimbal experience as using only a smartphone, although the tiny DJI Osmo Pocket remains our favorite for a smooth and fluid video.
HDR10 + video recording is a great upgrade because Samsung’s earlier phones could not record HDR support. Upon activation, HDR10 + prevented scenes from overexposing while increasing contrast but also disabled the recording in the latest HEVC format, which reduced the file size. The HDR10 + is labeled with a ‘Labs’ label, which seems like a work in progress.
- Longer battery life all day with the default Full HD resolution
- The battery capacity of 4,100 mAh is the largest of the Galaxy S phones
- Samsung’s fast charging is slower than competitors, but still beats Apple
The Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus battery reaches a new peak for the S series with a capacity of 4,100 mAh. Last year’s S9 Plus was above average for the flagship Android products, offering a battery life of 3500 mAh all day, but the S10 Plus performed better for our tests.
The Galaxy S10 Plus offers a multitude of energy-saving modes with the most aggressive – maximum power saving – locking the interface to just a few key applications (of your choice), allowing you to get even more hours and hours.
- Wireless Power Share’ makes the phone a Qi charger
- It does not charge other devices quickly but can save your life
- Your friends may like this feature better than you
Samsung’s new PowerShare wireless feature turns the back of the S10 Plus into a large Qi charging mat, which is great if you feel generous when your friend runs out of battery and you feel comfortable saving a part of your heavy capacity of 4,000 mAh.
It’s comforting to know that PowerShare turns off when the phone goes to 30% range, which is comforting, as well as to find that your friend who owns an iPhone XS has a capacity of 2658mAh for the price of your Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus.
- Samsung’s unique user interface makes menu access easy on large phones
- Bixby AI is more annoying than it’s worth, mainly because of the Bixby button
- We would like to see Samsung Mac / PC applications for Apple-like continuity
One of the user interfaces is Android 9 Pie with a clean Samsung touch, which makes it easier to navigate the menus by aligning the options on the lower half of the screen, within reach of your thumb. It is well designed. Gone are the days of Samsung’s cluttered touch user interface; A user interface is lighter, although still significantly different from Android stock.
- The fastest Android phone we’ve ever tested
- Snapdragon 855 (US version) almost as fast as the iPhone XS
- First to Wi-Fi 6, but requires a Wi-Fi 6 router to get faster speeds
The Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus is powerful enough to compete with today’s best gaming phones, giving it advanced features. In the US, it comes with Qualcomm’s flagship Snapdragon 855 chip, while in most other countries around the world it features Samsung’s Exynos 9820 chip.