Today, you will learn how to install Psiphon 3 on PC (Windows), and you won’t have any problem with the installation on any Windows of your choice. The majority of internet users want to download Psiphon 3 for many reasons. One of the reasons behind this is because of the integration of a powerful VPN tunneling solution.
This was first introduced to the Android community. With the aid of Psiphon 3, you are free and secured to browse the Internet anonymously beyond your expectations. You can do this without a limit freely. This VPN was well-known in the time people started to look for a way to download Psiphon for PC as well as Psiphon 3 for Windows PC.
You are now free to use Psiphon 3 on any Windows of your choices such as Windows 7/8/8.1 and 10. It’s not limited to the above Windows, you can enjoy it as well if you’re using older version windows like Windows Vista, or Windows XP as it’s work fine with them as well.
Features of Psiphon 3 for Windows PC
Basically, you don’t need any application or software before you could use Psiphon on your PC. Although, people use to find Psiphon 3 alternatives to enjoy it, whereas, it does not work at times. However, Psiphon 3 is now available as a separate VPN software to solve those challenges. Do you want to know how to install Psiphon 3 on PC? If yes, have the below details about the software before you go for it.
Application’s Name: Psiphon 3
File’s Name: Psiphon3.exe
File’s Size: 4.74MB
OS Support All Windows versions
Language Supports: All Languages
Developer: Psiphon Inc.
Last Update: 21-11-2017
You can get the software here to download.
Why Psiphon out of many VPN?
The reason for recommending Psiphon is that it uses an SSH connection with an additional obfuscation layer on SSH handshake for the purpose of securing it against protocol fingerprinting. Hence, Psiphon is an open-source and easier to use, unlike other VPN solutions. Also, it uses both local HTTP and SOCKS proxies in normal mode purposely for tunneling web traffic.
Also, Psiphon uses L2TP/IPsec protocol. This protocol seems to be the most secure way to protect you against any online scam when you connect through it. They care about and secure their user’s privacy a lot. They don’t sell users’ privacy to third-parties.
Now let’s move to the main discussion which is how to install the Psiphon 3 on PC and how to set it up. You’ll learn how to set up your Psiphon 3 software on PC to establish a very strong and secure connection.
How to install Psiphon 3 on PC
Psiphon is a standalone application in which people commit mistakes while installing it. They mistakenly install it in the stead of running it like other application files by tapping it twice.
One thing to be careful about is downloading the source for this software. Try to download it from the original source rather than other sources. Downloading from other sites may infect your server or PC with malware. Hence, double-check that your Psiphon file (psiphon.exe) is valid and not infected with malware.
After making sure that the above analysis has been fulfilled, you can proceed to the below steps. Kindly follow it strictly to avoid any error during the installation.
- Locate your psiphon.exe file in your folders, and then right-click on it.
- From the displaying submenus, select properties.
- Now move to the Digital Signatures tab to select the Details button at the bottom.
- Now tap on view certificate: here you have to note this “valid from yyyy-mm-dd” information.
- Click on the Details tab and double-check that one of the below data key match thumbprint details.
- ” For the certificate valid for the period 2011-06-16 to 2012-06-21 the SHA1 thumbprint is:
8f B7 Ef Bd 20 A9 20 3a 38 37 08 A2 1e 0a 1d 2e ad 7b Ee 6d
- “For the certificate valid for the period 2012-05-21 to 2014-07-30 the SHA1 thumbprint is:
84 C5 13 5b 13 D1 53 96 7e 88 C9 13 86 0e 83 Ee Ef 48 8e 91 “
- “For the certificate valid for the period 2014-05-08 to 2017-09-06 the SHA1 thumbprint is:
9b A0 Bd 1c E4 Ca F6 20 41 0d 46 47 Ae 40 B0 7c 83 C7 31 99 “
- “For the certificate valid for the period 2017-07-05 to 2020-10-03 the SHA1 thumbprint is:
89 Fd Cd 09 65 F4 Dd 89 2b 25 7c 04 D5 B4 14 C7 Ac 2b 5f 56 “
For the source of these certificates, you can check the Psiphon official site. By now, you should know how to install Psiphon 3 on PC especially on Windows which is currently available.
How To Set Up Psiphon 3 For The Secure Vpn connection?
- Below are the guides and steps to follow if you want to set up Psiphon 3 for the secure VPN connection.
- Click on your file – Psiphon3.exe twice. That is, double click it
- Tap on connect button
- Note that Psiphon 3 connects through the fastest VPN server automatically to the best location. Almost every VPN comes with this great feature. However, if you choose to not like this selection, you can choose the region of your choice from the drop-down menu below the connect button.
Psiphon 3 Alternatives For PC Users
Now that you have learned how to install Psiphon 3 on PC, do you care to know alternate Psiphon 3 for PC? Mind you, before the birth and introduction of Psiphon 3 software, there are a traditional method internet users used to use the software on their PCs. Though, they almost work in a similar way with the recent Psiphon software except with a slight difference. The difference is that you do not need to download Psiphon3 for windows, however, you’ll only need to install an Android emulator on the PC and run your Psiphon application through it.
This is not the best way to use the app as it’ll just tunnel the emulator through the VPN tunnel. I just bring it here to know the old method for using Psiphon on PC before the company officially build a software that works fine on PC. Let’s discuss how to use this old method in case the PC software does not work for you or you have an interest in it anyway. Below are the steps:
- Search for any Android emulator on your PC to download. Download it and install it.
- Go to Playstore within the emulator environment to download Psiphon apk. Download and install it.
- Lastly, open your Psiphon3 application and connect it through the “connect” button.
Hopefully, this article is very useful and helpful. You should know how to install Psiphon 3 on PC by now. Please kindly share your experience or testimony through the comment box section.